This is a four-year cohort experience that provides additional academic, cultural and mentoring opportunities to students awarded a prestigious scholarship from the Terry Foundation®, including:
- Academic Support – Round table discussions with varied guest speakers are held weekly. We provide assistance with finding research and internship opportunities.
- Cultural Opportunities – Free tickets to the opera, symphony, theatre and ballet are distributed monthly.
- Study Abroad Assistance – The Terry Foundation provides $5000 funding (in addition to the 4-year scholarship) for scholars to study abroad.
- Service Events – Scholars arrange multiple opportunities that are impactful, diverse and fun.
- Mentoring – Ongoing mentoring through faculty, alumni, and peers is provided.
- Social Activities – Scholars organize a variety of activities throughout the year.
- Leadership Opportunities – Our officers assist incoming scholars with acclimating to UT Dallas. Officers serve as role models and mentors throughout the year by providing assistance on the varied aspects of college life including academics, on-campus involvement and personal issues. All incoming scholars and officers attend a weekend retreat at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Lounge – A dedicated space for Terry Scholars® at UT Dallas to engage with each other socially and intellectually – with computers and printing — is located in Green Center, with card access 24/7.