Terry Scholars Program Highlights
The Terry Scholars Program at the University of Texas at Dallas is a four-year cohort experience that provides additional academic, cultural, mentoring and other unique opportunities to students awarded prestigious scholarships from the Terry Foundation, including:
- Academic Support – Round table discussions with varied guest speakers are held weekly. We provide assistance with finding research and internship opportunities.
- Cultural Opportunities – Free tickets to the opera, symphony, theatre and ballet are distributed monthly.
- Study Abroad Assistance – The Terry Foundation provides $5000 funding (in addition to the 4-year scholarship) for scholars to study abroad.
- Service Events – Scholars arrange weekly and monthly opportunities that are impactful, diverse and fun.
- Mentoring – Ongoing mentoring through faculty, alumni, and peers is provided.
- Social Activities – Scholars organize a variety of activities throughout the year.
- Enrichment Advisors – Our Enrichment Advisors assist incoming freshmen with acclimation to UT Dallas and the Terry Scholars Program. They serve as role models and mentors throughout the year by providing assistance on the varied aspects of college life including academics, on-campus involvement and personal issues. All freshman scholars and Enrichment Advisors attend a weekend retreat at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Terry Lounge – A dedicated space for UT Dallas Terry Scholars to engage with each other socially and intellectually – with computers and printing — is located in Green Center, with card access 24/7.