Applying for Terry Foundation Scholarships – Traditional Program
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2019 Terry Foundation Traditional Scholarship.
If you are interested in applying for Terry Foundation Traditional Scholarships at UT Dallas, please review the qualifications below.
- Graduating senior of a Texas high school or home school
- Acceptance to The University of Texas at Dallas (fall only)
- Demonstrate a strong record of academic achievement
- Exhibit a notable record of leadership and volunteerism
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) review – eligibility for need-based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship
- Net annual family income - $100,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Texas resident
The application will be available starting October 1st. Please e-mail email@example.com to request an application.
In addition to the application, the following is required:
- Sealed official copy of high school transcript with grades earned in the senior year (we will not be able to access transcripts previously submitted to UTD Admissions).
- If senior grades are unavailable, a copy of the report card will suffice
- Two signed letters of recommendation (one from a high school teacher)
Deadline: Friday, January 11, 2019.
Please mail transcripts to:
UT Dallas Terry Scholars
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC 10
Richardson, TX 75080 - 3021
The application requires two essay questions. In order to begin working on your responses to the essays, they are listed below. Please note the word limit.
- What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community and explain how it shaped you as a person. Please do not exceed 750 words.
- In approximately 500 words, describe an example of your leadership. Be sure to describe actions and the actions of those around you and to explain what you accomplished.
Other Important Information
- Terry Foundation Scholarship recipients participate in the prestigious Terry Scholars Program
- In order to receive an application, you must have applied to UT Dallas.
- Applicants must be fully admitted to the university by the application deadline. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Apply for on-campus housing (Terry Scholars are required to live in the residence hall their first year)
- Amount of scholarship: the four year award is over $115,000 (encompasses Terry award and financial aid, if applicable).