Applying for the Terry Scholars Traditional Program
If you are interested in applying to the UT Dallas Terry Scholars Program, please review the qualifications below.
- Graduating senior of a Texas high school or home school
- Acceptance to The University of Texas at Dallas (fall only)
- Demonstrate a strong record of academic achievement
- Exhibit a notable record of leadership and volunteerism
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) review – eligibility for need-based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship
- Net annual family income - $100,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
In addition to the application, please provide the following directly to the Terry Scholars Program:
- Sealed official copy of high school transcript with grades earned in the senior year
- If senior grades are unavailable, a copy of the report card will suffice
- Two signed letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes (one from a high school teacher)
Deadline date: Friday, January 12, 2018 (documents may be postmarked).
Letters of recommendation can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed (along with transcripts) to:
UT Dallas Terry Scholars
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC 10
Richardson, TX 75080 - 3021
Other Important Information
- Applicants must be fully admitted to the university by the scholarship deadline date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Apply for on-campus housing (Terry Scholars are required to live in the residence hall their first year)
- Amount of scholarship: the four year award is over $115,000 (encompasses Terry award and financial aid, if applicable).
Request an Application
Applications will become available in October. Since the exact date is unknown at this time, please check back for updates.