National Merit Scholarship Program Funding
National Merit Scholars at UT Dallas receive:
- Complete coverage of UT Dallas tuition and mandatory fees for up to eight semesters1
- $4,000 per semester cash stipend to defray the costs of books, supplies and other expenses
- $1,500 per semester on-campus housing stipend2
- One-time study abroad stipend up to $6,000 to support an international education experience
- Named a National Merit Finalist by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- List UT Dallas as their first-choice school through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation online portal
- Admitted to UT Dallas
We encourage you to learn more about the National Merit Scholars Program at UT Dallas and visit our campus. To learn more, visit our National Merit Scholars Program Preview page.
- Four academic years following initial enrollment.
- Only applicable to students living on campus (University Village, University Commons, or Canyon Creek Heights). Students living at home or in nearby apartments are not eligible to receive the housing stipend.