Clark Summer Peer Advisors
The Clark Summer Research Program’s research experience relies on UT Dallas’ institutional culture of education and collaboration. We supplement the Clarkie support from research lab mentors with experienced upper-level undergraduate peer advisors who live in the residence halls with Clark participants throughout the summer program.
The Clark Peer Advisors (PAs) are UT Dallas student employees that provide Clark Scholars with personal, academic, and housing-related support throughout the nine-week program. PAs spend most of their time connecting with students, living in the dorms, and assisting with event planning. Other duties include problem-solving and providing weekly updates to Clark program staff as well as other duties as assigned.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application
- Must have completed at least 24 undergraduate hours at UT Dallas before the program begins
- All applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States
- Housing in University Commons (suite may be shared with other PAs)
- Dining Hall Meal Plan (three meals a day)
- A one-time stipend of $500 (paid by late July)
Peer Advisors Application
The application deadline is Friday, Feb. 17 by noon. Interviews will take place in late February/early March. The number of PAs selected will be based on the number of students selected for the program (based on lab availability).