Clark Summer Peer Advisors
The Clark Summer Research Program’s research experience relies on UT Dallas’ institutional culture of education and collaboration. We supplement the Clarkie support from research lab mentors with experienced upper-level undergraduate peer advisors who live in the residence halls with Clark participants throughout the summer program.
The Clark Peer Advisors (PAs) are UT Dallas student employees that provide Clark Scholars with personal, academic, and housing-related support throughout the nine-week program. PAs spend most of their time connecting with students and assisting with event planning. Other duties include problem-solving and providing weekly updates to Clark program staff as well as other duties as assigned.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application
- Must have completed at least 24 undergraduate hours at UT Dallas before the program begins
- Live on-campus throughout the nine-week program
- All applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States
- Live on campus for the duration of the nine-week program
- Attend Clark PA training
- 10-15 hours per week for the nine-week session from June to August
- Attend at least two events over the summer
- Attend ‘all student’ events
- Sunday move-in meeting
- Clark Orientation
- Fourth of July Luncheon, July 4
- Farewell dinner
- Poster Symposium
- Lead one Student Round Table or study session
- Take turns being “on-call” in the dorm and on Slack
- Eat meals with students
- Housing in University Commons, suite may be shared with other PAs
- Dining Hall Meal Plan, three meals a day
- A one-time stipend of $500, paid in mid to late July
Peer Advisors Application
The application deadline is February 15. Interviews will take place in March.
If you have questions about becoming a Clark Summer Peer Advisor, please email email@example.com.