Clark Summer Research Program Parent Information Page
The University of Texas at Dallas, Green Center
800 W. Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080
Below is a list of dates and resources for parents of students participating in the Clark Summer Research Program.
- No vacations: Students are committing to a nine-week program. Family vacations and weekends away are not allowed. All students are required to attend a mandatory luncheon on July 4, due to the holiday falling midweek, students are expected to work the day before and after the holiday.
- Students living on campus: Students living on campus are not allowed to return home on weekends; dorm rooms and meal plans are paid for by the program.
- All Clark Students Must Have a Photo ID for Comet Card Pick-Up: Students will need a valid Driver’s License (with a photo) or a US Passport to pick-up their Comet Card. If students do not have either of these documents, students will need to bring an alternative form of photo ID (such as a high school ID card) AND a government-issued document such as a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, etc. to pick-up their Comet Card. They need a Comet Card to access their room and lab.
For Clark Students Living On-Campus
Date: Sunday, May 31
Move-in time: 2:00 -5:00 p.m.
Mandatory Student Housing Meeting: 5:00 p.m., RHN MPR
Date: Friday, July 31 or Saturday, August 1
Move-out time: Friday, July 31 after 5:00 p.m. or beginning at 9:00 a.m. on August 1
Clark students living on-campus beginning in the fall of 2020 have two additional options. Option one: students may move items into their fall 2020 room if their room is available free of charge. Once items are moved in on July 31 or August 1, students will not have access to the room until their assigned move-in date in mid-August. Option two: students can pay to continue living on campus until the start of classes in mid-August. The rate is estimated at $450, the exact rate will be available in July.
For Clark Students Commuting to Campus
Official Start Date: Monday, June 1
Time: 9:00 AM
Parking: Students commuting to campus will receive detailed instructions for parking and a green parking pass that must be placed in their dashboard in a supplemental email.
Stay Up to Date
Remind Text Alerts for Clark Parents: Text the message @2019clarkp to the number 81010
Families are welcome and encouraged to attend the Clark Poster Symposium, where we will recognize and celebrate the hard work of your students.
Date: Friday, July 31
Time: 1:30 – 3:00 PM
Parking: Parents will be emailed a Visitor Pass for parking
- Housing Office: Residence Hall North, 972-883-5241
- Student Health Center
- Student Counseling Center
- UTD Police