Clark Summer Research Program Parent Information Page
The University of Texas at Dallas, Green Center
800 W. Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080
Below is a list of dates and resources for parents of students participating in the Clark Summer Research Program.
- No vacations: Students are committing to a nine-week program. Family vacations and weekends away are not allowed. All students are required to attend a mandatory luncheon on July 4, due to the holiday falling midweek, students are expected to work the day before and after the holiday.
- Students living on campus: Students living on campus are not allowed to return home on weekends; dorm rooms and meal plans are paid for by the program.
- All Clark Students Must Have a Photo ID for Comet Card Pick-Up: Students will need a valid Driver’s License (with a photo) or a US Passport to pick-up their Comet Card. If students do not have either of these documents, students will need to bring an alternative form of photo ID (such as a high school ID card) AND a government-issued document such as a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, etc. to pick-up their Comet Card. They need a Comet Card to access their room and lab.
For Clark Students Living On-Campus
Date: Sunday, June 2
Move-in time: TBD
Mandatory Student Housing Meeting: TBD
Date: Friday, August 2 or Saturday, August 3
Move-out time: Friday, August 2 after 6:00 p.m. or beginning at 9:00 a.m. on August 3
Clark students living on-campus beginning in the fall of 2019 have two additional options. Option one: students may move items into their fall 2019 room if their room is available free of charge. Once items are moved in on August 2 or 3, students will not have access to the room until their assigned move-in date in mid-August. Option two: students can pay to continue living on campus until the start of classes in mid-August. The rate is estimated at $450, exact rate will be available in July.
For Clark Students Commuting to Campus
Official Start Date: Monday, June 3
Address: FO 1.202 Campus Map
Time: 9:00 AM
Parking: Students commuting to campus will receive detailed instructions for parking and a green parking pass that must be placed in their dashboard in a supplemental email.
Stay Up to Date
Remind Text Alerts for Clark Parents: Text the message @2019clarkp to the number 81010
Families are welcome and encouraged to attend the Clark Poster Symposium where we will recognize and celebrate the hard work of your students.
Date: Friday, August 2
Time: 1:30 – 3:00 PM
Address: Davidson-Gundy Alumni Center
Parking: Parents will be emailed a Visitor Pass for parking
- Housing Office: Residence Hall North, 972-883-5241
- Student Health Center
- Student Counseling Center
- UTD Police