Applying for the Terry Scholars Traditional Program
If you are interested in applying to the UT Dallas Terry Scholars Program, please review the qualifications below.
- Graduating senior of a Texas high school or home school
- Acceptance to The University of Texas at Dallas (fall only)
- Demonstrate a strong record of academic achievement
- Exhibit a notable record of leadership and volunteerism
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) review – eligibility for need-based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship
- Net annual family income - $85,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
In addition to the application, please provide the following:
- Sealed official copy of high school transcript with grades earned in the senior year
- If senior grades are unavailable, a copy of the report card will suffice
- Two signed letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes (one from a high school teacher)
Deadline date: Friday, January 13, 2017 (documents may be postmarked).
Applications should be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com.
Letters of recommendation can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed (along with transcripts) to:
UT Dallas Terry Scholars
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC 10
Richardson, TX 75080 - 3021
Other Important Information
- Apply for on-campus housing (Terry Scholars are required to live in the residence hall their first year)
- Amount of scholarship: the four year award is over $110,000.
Request an Application
Requests for applications for Fall 2017 are no longer being accepted at this time, as the deadline to apply has passed. Instructions for requesting a Fall 2018 application will be available after the start of the fall semester.