Applying for the Terry Scholars Traditional Program
If you are interested in applying to the UT Dallas Terry Scholars Program, please review the qualifications below.
- 2014 graduate of a Texas high school or home school
- Apply and be accepted to The University of Texas at Dallas for Fall 2014
- Exhibit a notable record of leadership and volunteerism
- Demonstrate a strong record of academic achievement
- Financial need as represented from the FAFSA/Family Income
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
In addition to the application, a sealed official copy of your high school transcript reflecting grades from the first reporting period of your senior year and two signed letters of recommendation are required. One of the recommenders must be a high school teacher.
Deadline date: Friday, January 24, 2014 (documents may be postmarked).
You may submit your application (not letters of recommendation or transcripts) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mail application/letters of recommendation and updated transcript to:
UT Dallas Terry Scholars
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC 10
Richardson, TX 75080 - 3021
Other Important Information
- File a FAFSA, either on-line or via US mail no later than March 15th. To ensure eligibility for the Top 10% scholarship, the FAFSA must be filed by this date.
- Apply for on-campus housing (Terry Scholars are required to live in the residence hall their first year)