Applying for the Terry Scholars Traditional Program
If you are interested in applying to the UT Dallas Terry Scholars Program, please review the qualifications below.
- Graduate of a Texas high school or home school
- Acceptance to The University of Texas at Dallas (fall only)
- Exhibit a notable record of leadership and volunteerism
- Demonstrate a strong record of academic achievement
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) review – eligibility for need-based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship
- Annual family income - $85,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
In addition to the application, please provide the following:
- Sealed official copy of high school transcript with grades earned in the senior year
- Two signed letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes (one from a high school teacher)
Deadline date: Friday, January 30, 2015 (documents may be postmarked)
Please submit your application (not letters of recommendation or transcripts) via e-mail to: email@example.com
Mail letters of recommendation and updated transcript to:
UT Dallas Terry Scholars
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC 10
Richardson, TX 75080 - 3021
Other Important Information
- File a FAFSA no later than March 15th. To ensure eligibility for the Top 10% scholarship, the FAFSA must be filed by this date.
- Apply for on-campus housing (Terry Scholars are required to live in the residence hall their first year)
- Amount of scholarship: the average four-year award amount, either through a combination of need-based aid and the Terry stipend, or simply the Terry stipend, is $96,000.
Application Form for the Terry Scholarship
Applications for 2015 are no longer being accepted.