Terry Foundation Transfer Scholarships
In 2013, the Terry Foundation expanded its program at UT Dallas to include Transfer/Non-Traditional students. The Terry Transfer Scholarship is $20,000 per year and is renewable for up to three years of undergraduate study subject to satisfactory compliance with the Foundation's academic and other requirements. The selection criteria include academic achievement, demonstrated leadership and family income. A student does not have to qualify for need-based aid in order to receive the scholarship.
Terry Foundation Transfer Qualifications
- Completed college or university credits of at least 30 transferable hours from a Texas college or university (to exclude dual and AP credit) with a minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA at the time of application deadline
- Acceptance as a full-time non-freshman transfer student beginning the summer or fall semester at UT Dallas (must be fully admitted by application deadline)
- U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current continuous resident of the State of Texas for at least 3 years at the time of application
- At least 20 years of age on May 1 of the year in which the application is submitted
- Net annual family income - $100,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
- Must pursue first baccalaureate degree
- Must be a first time applicant for the Terry Scholarship
Terry stipends may be combined with other UT Dallas Scholarships (i.e. Comet Transfer, PTK). Please note this excludes the Diversity Scholarship.