Applying for Terry Foundation Scholarships – Traditional Program
If you are interested in applying for Terry Foundation Traditional Scholarships at UT Dallas, please review the qualifications below.
- Graduating senior of a Texas high school or home school
- Acceptance to The University of Texas at Dallas (fall only)
- Demonstrate a strong record of academic achievement
- Exhibit a notable record of leadership and volunteerism
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) review – eligibility for need-based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship
- Net annual family income - $100,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Texas resident
The application will be available October 1st. Please e-mail email@example.com to request an application.
In addition to the application, the following is required:
- Sealed official copy of high school transcript with grades earned in the senior year (we will not be able to access transcripts previously submitted to UTD Admissions).
- If senior grades are unavailable, a copy of the report card will suffice
- Two signed letters of recommendation (one from a high school teacher)
Deadline: January 15
Please mail transcripts to:
UT Dallas Terry Scholars
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC 10
Richardson, TX 75080 - 3021
The application requires two essay questions. In order to begin working on your responses to the essays, they are listed below. Please note the word limit.
- What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community and explain how it shaped you as a person. Please do not exceed 750 words.
- In approximately 500 words, describe an example of your leadership. Be sure to describe actions and the actions of those around you and to explain what you accomplished.
Other Important Information
- Terry Foundation Scholarship recipients participate in the prestigious Terry Scholars Program.
- In order to receive an application, you must have applied to UT Dallas.
- Applicants must be fully admitted to the university by the application deadline. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Apply for on-campus housing (Terry Scholars are required to live in the residence hall their first year)
- Amount of scholarship: the four year award is over $122,000 (encompasses Terry award and financial aid, if applicable).