CV Application Process
Incoming freshman to The University of Texas at Dallas who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply to Collegium V:
- An SAT score of 1410 or higher (1350 or higher on critical reading and math sections taken prior to March 2016) or ACT composite score of 31 or higher
- A high school grade point average of 3.6 or class rank in the top 10%
Students must be accepted to UT Dallas in order to apply to Collegium V. CV applications must be submitted by February 15.
- After you have been admitted to UT Dallas go to https://galaxy.utdallas.edu and login with your NetID and Password.
- Click on Orion in the Toolbox on the left side of the page.
- Click on Self Service
- Click “Interested in Collegium V?”
- Your page will look similar to the image below.
- If you have applied for the McDermott Scholars Program or are a National Merit Semi-Finalist/Finalist check the appropriate boxes.
- Click “Do I Qualify?”
- Logout of Galaxy/Orion and wait at least one hour for your Collegium V Honors Application to load into your Self Service center.
- Follow steps 1 – 3 to find the application in your Self Service center. You should see an Honors College folder as shown below. If you do not see this folder log out of Galaxy and clear your browser’s cache. If you still do not see the folder after 24 hours please contact us by email at CollegiumV@utdallas.edu.
- The folder contains the Collegium V Application and the CV Status page.
- Click on the application. You will see that the application has two pages.
- Page 1 gives demographic information and criteria pertaining to the Collegium V Program
- Page 2 is the actual application with essay prompts. Click Continue Your Application to access page 2.
- Complete all information on page 2. Make sure you answer both questions in the box provided. You will also need to add a row to provide the information for your second letter of recommendation.
- Once you are satisfied with your answers and have provided complete and accurate information click Submit Your Application.
- You will be contacted with a decision beginning in early March. If you have any issues with the application or have questions about applying, please reach us by phone at (972) 883-4295 or by email at CollegiumV@utdallas.edu.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the program through:
Collegium V Honors Program
Hobson Wildenthal Honors College
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, GC10
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Email: email@example.com Phone: 972.883.4297