Terry Foundation Transfer Scholarships
In 2013, the Terry Foundation expanded its program at UT Dallas to include Transfer/Non-Traditional students. The Terry Transfer Scholarship amount will vary for each student, however the average amount one can expect to receive is $16,900.00 per year. The scholarship is renewable for up to three years of undergraduate/graduate study subject to satisfactory compliance with the Foundation's academic and other requirements. The selection criteria include academic achievement, demonstrated leadership and family income. A student does not have to qualify for need-based aid in order to receive the scholarship.
Terry Foundation Transfer Qualifications
- Completed college or university credits of at least 30 transferable hours (to exclude dual and AP credit) with a minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA at the time of application deadline
- Acceptance as a full-time non-freshman transfer student beginning in the fall semester at UT Dallas
- U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current continuous resident of the State of Texas for at least 3 years at the time of application;
- At least 21 years of age on May 1 of the year in which the application is submitted
- Annual family income - $85,000 and below (subject to a case-by-case review)
Terry stipends cannot be combined with other UT Dallas Scholarships (i.e. Comet Transfer, PTK) or institutional grants.