Terry Scholars Program Highlights
The Terry Scholars Program at the University of Texas at Dallas is a four-year cohort experience that provides academic, cultural, mentoring and other unique opportunities to students awarded prestigious scholarships from the Terry Foundation.
- Academic – guest speakers; research; seminars; internships; faculty labs
- Cultural – the opera; symphony; theatre; and the ballet.
- Study Abroad – the Terry Foundation provides funding over and above the scholarship for scholars who wish to study abroad. Funding ranges from $5,000 to $15,000.
- Service – impactful; diverse; community engagement
- Mentoring – faculty; alumni; peer-to-peer
- Social – a variety of activities throughout the year
- Enrichment Advisors – assist the incoming freshmen with their acclimation to UT Dallas and the Terry Scholars Program. Further, they serve as role models and mentors throughout the year by providing assistance on the varied aspects of college life including academics, on-campus involvement and issues of a personal nature. Freshman scholars and the Enrichment Advisors attend a three day retreat at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Terry Scholars Lounge – dedicated space for UT Dallas Terry Scholars to engage with each other socially and intellectually. There is a study room with computers the scholars can utilize.