Collegium V Program News & Events
Welcome back to all returning CV students. We hope you enjoyed Winter Break and are ready for the spring semester. We are looking forward to another fulfilling semester and its culmination with the presentation of the senior honors theses. If you have not determined your plans for the summer, now is the time to do so. Set up a meeting with us if you want to talk through your possibilities. We have an exciting semester before us.
The May edition of the CV Newsletter is now available.
Congratulations to CV Students:
- Bhasi Nair became the first UTD student to win the prestigious Gates Cambridge Scholarship. He will use this scholarship to pursue a Ph.D. in Material sciences and metallurgy.
- Abhi Raj and Braedon Mayer have both won a Fulbright Fellowship. Braedon will be an English Teaching Assistant, teaching high school students in Venezuela. Abhi will use his to conduct research in Germany. Abhi also was awarded a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Grant, which he will use to support his Ph.D. research at Princeton University.
- Three UTD students were recognized for their outstanding promise in STEMs research, by the Goldwater Scholarship. Junior Maria Burbano won a full Goldwater Scholarship. Junior Michael Lau and sophomore Melanie Maurer both received an honorable mention.
- Addison Larson and Adam Mendonca both spent Summer 2014 participating in the State Department’s Critical Language Scholarship Program. Addison studied Arabic in Oman, and Adam went to Suzhou China to learn Mandarin.
- Kayla Klein was awarded the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship. Each university with a PKP chapter is allowed to nominate only one graduating senior for the competition. Kayla will use her award to support her medical degree program at the University of Michigan.
- Those of you who studied or interned abroad. Bring your stories in to share.
Other CV news and Information
- We encourage everyone to visit the atrium of the Green Center and view the final senior projects that were completed last spring.
- The CV Lounge is open for business. If you are a new student and need access, contact Helen Roth at 972-883-4295 or email@example.com.
- Students planning to graduate in Spring or Fall of 2015 should schedule an appointment with Valerie Brunell to review their files.